USUI REIKI MASTER TRAINING
FALL SEMESTER ORIENTATION
Welcome to the USUI Reiki Master Course!
The 18 – 24 month journey that you are about to embark on is a process of becoming an USUI Reiki Master. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually ‘God’s life force energy’ or ‘Higher Power life force energy’. Mikao Usui is the founder of the Usui System of Reiki Healing, a hands-on healing practice. Reiki is channeled through the practitioners hands for self-treatment or treatment of others. The result of receiving Reiki is enhanced health and well-being: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. The result of training to become a Master is that every day you will work with Reiki, to live in that state is the ultimate gift.
This course includes 4 Masterclass Series, one for each pillar, and a transformative healing experience through a series of 5 Reiki Attunements. This portal is just the learning and healing portal. Once you have completed the first 4 pillars, you will move into the second part of the course inside the Transcendent Buisness Practicum Portal, there you will work towards bringing your visions for working as a Usui Reiki Master in the world.
You should expect to spend approximately 2 – 4 hours inside of each portal. There will be a new portal live every week according to your cohort schedule, however you can move through the portals at your own pace, allow your intuition to guide you through the experiences inside each portal. This course also requires that you create time every day to practice Reiki on yourself; anywhere from 10 – 30 minutes.
FIVE PRECEPTS FOR DAILY LIVING
The five spiritual precepts have been handed down from Mikao Usui, the founder of USUI Reiki as a part of the oral tradition of the Usui System. The five precepts are for daily living. They support health, assist you in making choices, and serve as a spiritual and moral guide.
1. Just for today, do not worry.
2. Just for today, do not anger.
3. Honor your parents, teachers and elders.
4. Earn your living honestly.
5. Show gratitude to every living thing.
The precepts remind us to be as conscious as possible, letting go of worry and anger, learning to honor and cultivate appreciation. The precepts are there for practitioners of all religions to remind us of the same basic moral principles most of us learned as children: “Treat others as you would want them to treat you.” They call upon us to return to the pure teachings of our own religious up bringing. They are a call for developing inner peace and a call for unity among diverse people. The precepts can unite us in peaceful brotherhood and sisterhood, first by calming our minds of worry and anger, then by treating others respectfully and cultivating appreciation for all our good fortune.The precepts remind us that all of life is sacred. They make manifest the essence of Reiki in daily life and relationship. Reiki develops mental clarity, expands consciousness, improves ones ability to visualize, creates inner peace and can be used to promote world peace.
Here are some tips to help you succeed:
1. Get a binder and journal that you devote to this course. Go to the Rachael K. Cardoza Research Library. Download and print the Miracle Manifestation Mastermind Planner and put that in your binder. Listen to the meditation inside of the Miracle Manifestation Mastermind portal and watch all 6 of the videos that explain the daily planning & manifestation process that is integrated with this course
2. Ask questions. We are here to hold your hand through this process. You are not alone. We are here six days a week to help you. Click the purple Student Support button in the lower left hand corner of the site. We are there Monday – Saturday from 10 am. – 9 pm. EST.
3. Commit to a daily Reiki healing practice. The greatest benefits come with regular practice over time. Your energy field is just like your physical body. You strengthen your energy field like a muscle with repetition over time. It gets easier, and the healing comes in waves, so be patient with yourself, trust the process and do somthing every day.
4. Complete the reflection in each portal and share your honest feedback. We read every word you write, and this entire course experience is constantly being adapted to serve you in the best way possible. The more you can share, the better!
I am SO grateful you have joined me on this journey ♡
Namasté, Aimee Rebekah Shea
PILLARS & PORTALS
Before your enter each portal…
SACRED DISCUSSION GROUP
Our Sacred Discussion Group is hosted inside of Facebook. At the bottom of each portal, you will see the posts from the Sacred Discussion Group. There is a large button above the posts, if you click that it will lead you to share your personal intention or experience.
If you find a post inspiring, thoughtful or helpful please click the like button, this helps the most inspiring, thoughtful and helpful posts be seen.
The journey that this course takes you through is one in which you are remembering your true nature as a Reiki Master. We are practicing embodying our truth together. That is why this space is so sacred. You may see your teacher or other students referring to each other as Reiki Masters. Please know that this is intentional. Take a deep breath before you enter the sacred discussion space and connect to the place within you of the deepest love you have known in your experience of life as a human being. As you move through each of the attunements, you will find it easier and easier to inhabit this space. We are practicing inhabiting this space together as Reiki Masters. It is safe, and judgement free. Everything that you share will be showered with the greatest love and light. The intention has been anchored that this space serve the unfolding of the highest selves of each of us. Together, we are practicing through our words opening to love and light, and sharing from that space
Please read our Code of Ethics, and this will align you with the basic habits of mind and ways of being we seek to cultivate as a community.
High Vibrational Communciation
Our Sacred Discussion Groups are your chance to interact with like-minded individuals from all over the world. In any social interaction, rules of etiquette contribute to high vibrational and productive communication. Here are some guidelines for interacting in a high vibrating way in our Sacred Discussion Group:
- Create a new post to the group for every intention or experience you wish to share. Stay on topic inside each post. In particular, don’t change the subject in the middle of an existing post – just start a new post. Off-topic comments make it hard for other learners to process the information in the post. If you have a technical question or a student support question, go to the purple Student Support tab in the lower corner of the screen, chat with someone live, or leave a message.
- Practice communicating from your highest self. If you disagree, explain your position with respect. Challenge yourself to imagine yourself as embodying your presence on earth as a Reiki Master and communicate from that inner awareness.
- To ensure that you’re understood, even by non-native English speakers: Try to write full sentences, and avoid text-message abbreviations or slang. Be careful when you use humor and sarcasm as these messages are easy to misinterpret.
- You are welcome to ask questions or for advice about your healing practice. When asking a question, provide as much information as possible, what you’ve already considered, what you’ve already read, etc. You are also welcome to share about relevant healing topics. Cite appropriate references when using someone else’s ideas, thoughts, or words. When you feel inspired, conclude posts by inviting others to extend the discussion. For example, you could say “I would love to understand the experience of others.”
- Do not post personal information about other students, teachers or volunteers of Pleiadian Institute. Do not use this group to promote your product, service, or business. Also, do not post the same thing in multiple groups.
These guidelines for interacting in our Sacred Discussion Groups were adapted from guidelines from
The University of Illinois, AHA!, Chuq Von Rospach & Gene Spafford.
CALENDARS & SYLLABUS
To be able to feel confident in your Usui Reiki practice, it is necessary to practice Reiki daily on yourself and to practice with others on a regular basis. The Usui Reiki Healing Circle is designed to help you to come together with other Usui Reiki practitioners and to practice giving and receiving Reiki. This healing circle will happen virtually the first Thursday evening of every month beginning February 2018.
Our course calendar provides you with an overview of all of the portals and pillars inside of this course and when they will become live. We update these calendars every time there is a change The calendars are organized by cohort. A cohort is the name for the group of students working together through the USUI Reiki Master training at the same time. Each of our cohorts is named for a crystal. A short description of the crystal is listed here, all adapted from Robert Simmons in The Book of Stones. The energy of each crystal is aligned with the energy of your cohort. We have one calandar for both cohorts, as we are moving together now through our training. Here is an overview of our cohorts:
Spring/Summer 2017 Cohort
Aegirine: Aegirine is a powerful tool for removing negative or stuck energies from the body. It helps you to find the courage to shine your inner light, even in dark and negative places. Aegirine is a stone of confidence and strength, carrying the wisdom that light has nothing to fear from darkness.
Fall 2017 Cohort
Blue Lace Agate: Blue Lace Agate helps you to find the words to share your highest truth with others. It assists you in finding the confidence necessary to stand up and speak in all situations. It instills clarity of thought and an unwavering intent to communicate the ideas that matter most.